- What are prefabricated modules?
- What can prefabricated modules become?
- What are the companies of prefabricated modules?
- What are built structures’ examples of prefabricated modules?
- How can designers and prefabricated module manufacturers collaborate with IFC openBIM?
- How to carry out the management of IFC works with openBIM on prefabricated buildings?
Here’s how construction companies and designers are collaborating with IFC openBIM to get better results in producing prefabricated buildings
Prefabricated buildings are in continuous development and offer innovative solutions to meet the needs of different sectors. Thanks to the collaboration between construction companies and designers, it is possible to obtain optimal results in the production of prefabricated buildings using the IFC openBIM.
But are you sure you have the right tools to tackle this type of activity? If not, it all would be a wasted effort. You’ll find yourself with so many problems to solve risking great losses in the process. That’s why I want to recommend reading this article, in which we will discover how construction companies and designers can collaborate easily thanks to a BIM project management software.
First let’s see what a prefabricated module is, what types there are and how to manage their construction process.
What are prefabricated modules?
A prefabricated modules is a factory-made architectural element assembled at construction sites. These modules can be used to create different types of buildings, such as homes, offices and commercial facilities. Compared to traditional construction methods prefabrication reduces costs , construction time and environmental impact.
What can prefabricated modules become?
There are various types of prefabricated modules, depending on the needs and functions they have to perform. These types include:
- modules prefabricated housing: used for the construction of houses, studios and apartments;
- modules for prefabricated masonry kitchens: offering a practical and customizable solution, designed prefabricated masonry kitchens could be integrated into domestic or professional environments;
- modules for prefabricated office: ideal for creating workspaces quickly and low costs;
- prefabricated bathroom modules: made to offer complete and easily installable toilets.
Prefabricated housing modules
Prefabricated housing modules are an efficient and sustainable solution for houses and apartments’ construction. These modules are designed to ensure inhabitants’ comfort and functionality and can be customized according to specific needs. Thanks to prefabrication, construction times are reduced and the assembly process on site is simplified.
Prefabricated modules for masonry kitchens
The masonry kitchens are appreciated for their style and their resistance. Prefabricated modules for masonry kitchens allow you to obtain results similar to those of traditional kitchens, but with reduced time and costs. These modules can be customized according to the needs and tastes of the customer and integrate perfectly with the other elements of the house.
Prefabricated office module
The prefabricated office module is a practical and economical solution for those who need to create workspaces in a short time. These modules can be used for both temporary and permanent offices. They offer comfortable and functional working environment thanks to their versatility since prefabricated office modules can be adapted to different needs and sizes.
Prefabricated bathroom modules
Prefabricated bathroom modules are designed to offer complete toilets in residential, commercial or industrial environments. They can be installed quickly and easily including all necessary elements such as sanitary fixtures, taps and liners. Thanks to their prefabrication process, the bathroom modules guarantee high quality and long life.
What are the companies of prefabricated modules?
Many companies are involved in the production and installation of prefabricated modules. Some of them specialize in certain types of modules, while others offer a wider range of solutions. It is important to choose a company with experience and expertise in the sector to guarantee high quality products and efficient service.
What are built structures’ examples of prefabricated modules?
The structures made with prefabricated modules are numerous and varied. Among the most common examples are:
- residential housing and apartments;
- offices and workspaces;
- commercial facilities, such as shops and restaurants;
- buildings school and sports;
- health facilities, such as hospitals and clinics.
How can designers and prefabricated module manufacturers collaborate with IFC openBIM?
The IFC openBIM is an open standard that allows collaboration between different design and construction management software. Thanks to this standard, designers and prefabricated module manufacturing companies can share information and data efficiently and accurately. For designers and companies to collaborate, it is important to follow these steps:
- adopt the IFC and openBIM standard: both designers and companies must use software compatible with the IFC openBIM standard, so that they can easily share 3D data and models;
- constant communication: thanks to the use of online chat applications and online video meetings and conference calls you can maintain an open and constant communication between all the parties involved in the project, guaranteeing the success of the collaboration;
- training: both designers and business professionals must work efficiently and smoothly and train on the use of the IFC openBIM standard and compatible software. There are courses for BIM professionals whose main purpose is to improve the skills of the technician and keep him always updated;
- periodic reviews: it is important to carry out periodic project’s reviews ensuring alignment of all parties involved in the correctly designed and manufacturing of prefabricated modules. Thanks to BIM management system tools you can view, share and manage all projects directly online through any device and from anywhere.
How to carry out the management of IFC works with openBIM on prefabricated buildings?
In addition to the IFC openBIM, for prefabricated buildings digital and mobile tools can be of great help in the management of the direction of works and the possible constructions site problems. Here are some tips on how to best use them:
- use BIM Management system tools: project management software allows you to keep track of progress, deadlines and resources, facilitating communication between the different parties involved;
- app for site documentation: using specific apps to document the site, such as photos, annotations and voice recordings, allows you to have an updated and easily accessible digital archive;
- real-time monitoring systems: the use of real-time monitoring systems, such as GPS and sensors, allows you to have up-to-date information on the site’s status and to intervene promptly in case of problems;
- continuous training: ensure that the personnel involved in the work’s management are digital and mobile tools’ trained and updated on the latest news on the subject.
Prefabricated modules represent an effective and sustainable solution for the construction of buildings of different types. Thanks to the collaboration between designers and construction companies, supported by the use of openBIM IFC and digital and mobile tools, it is possible to obtain high quality results in the production of prefabricated buildings using the IFC openBIM in a short time and cost.